Monday, July 21, 2008

I am uncomfortable with the common practice of waste disposal... The overwhelming growth of landfills and our disregard.
However, I believe that some items do actually need to be disposed of, removed if they cannot be recycled.
I am working on the third floor, a place called "shit continent".
A few artists are coming in that work with old clothes to create amazing installations. We are sorting the clothes from the continent...so that they can get right to work when they arrive.
There is a lot more shit than anything else. I cough up black dust.
The constant references to "the collection".
This is not how a collection should be handled. Everything is coated with years of dust and mold.
It is kept hidden. Kept in these conditions much of the continent is literally becoming unusable, unhealthy. I am losing sight of any purpose.

No comments: